Monday 11 April 2011

Eva Longoria: Her Allure Photo Shoot


At the shoot, Longoria, wearing Juicy sweats, grabbed an organic burrito and chatted quietly with hairstylist Serge Normant and makeup artist Stephane Marais while flipping through a textbook. (The actress is getting her master's degree in Chicano studies.)


After someone on the set recognized the Mediterranean-style house in Pacific Palisades, California, from an episode of The Millionaire Matchmaker, the conversation turned to reality television. Longoria, a fan of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, said, "Kyle's my favorite housewife."


"We wanted to give Eva that Italian-movie-star bedroom hair," says hairstylist Serge Normant. He misted her damp hair with a volumizer, then blow-dried it. He set the hair in large pin curls, then brushed them out for maximum bounce.


"I wanted to make her look incredibly sexy, like Sophia Loren," said makeup artist Stephane Marais, who focused on her eyes. After filling in Longoria's brows and creating a strong arch, Marais blended a shimmery bronze shadow all over her lids. He combed on a lot of mascara and glued on individual false lashes. "She's a lashes freak—the more I added, the happier she was," he says. Next, he contoured Longoria's cheeks with bronzer and applied an apricot blush before swiping on creamy beige lipstick to finish the look.


With her "Eva's Dance '80s" playlist on her iPod, Longoria provided the day's soundtrack: George Michael, Blondie, and "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)," which she sang along to as she posed.


Longoria has had to adjust to a very different routine since splitting from San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker late last year. "I'm used to always being on a plane and flying to a basketball game," Longoria says. "It's been—every time I talk about it, I want to cry. It's been hard. Very hard. I'm just trying to get through it as gracefully as possible without any drama."


Though the star has been coping well without one man as of late, it is clear that she can't live without women, including her Desperate Housewives co-stars. "Two actors who I lean on heavily for life advice are Marcia Cross and Felicity [Huffman]. We're like sisters," Longoria says. "You know, some people collect plates and stamps and coins. I collect amazing, smart, interesting women."


Currently, Longoria is living in a house with two of her closest friends. "We always say that my house is the female Entourage," says the star. When Longoria is away, her housemates take care of the place, and lately, when she's there, they have been taking care of her. "When you go through something as devastating as a divorce, you just want to be surrounded by people who care for you," she says. "I don't know what I'd do without them." While she may be in recuperation mode, Longoria is certainly not wasting any time career-wise: In addition to Desperate Housewives, she recently finished filming Cristiada, a film co-starring Andy Garcia.


Among other risqué revelations, Longoria once told a magazine that she loved vibrators so much that she gave them as gifts to her girlfriends. "That was, like, seven years ago—premarriage," she says. "It's hard for me to censor myself, because I like to be honest and free and say exactly what I'm thinking or feeling. Unfortunately, so many things are taken out of context, and [now] I'm a little more cautious about what I say."


ongoria is too easygoing to be labeled type A, but in many ways she is a classic overachiever. In high school, she wasn't content just to be in the band. "If I'm going to be in the band, I'm going to be the drum major," she recalls thinking. "I love to be a part of everything, and I also like to be the best at what I do." And she has done a lot. Her résumé gives meaning to the term "well-rounded." Before she was an actress, she was a dental assistant, a headhunter, and a set extra. Now, in addition to being a spokeswoman and model (both for L'Oréal Paris and for her own fragrance, Eva by Eva), Longoria is a restaurateur and an author. This month, she is publishing Eva's Kitchen: Cooking With Love for Family & Friends (Clarkson Potter), a compilation of recipes that she describes as "a memoir of my life with food."


No comments:

Post a Comment