Tuesday 18 February 2014

Skier Julia Mancuso: The Odds Are Ever in Her Favor 2014

The Olympic alpine skier takes her three medals to the slopes of Sochi 2014. Her secret to success? Lucky underwear
 
 
Pro tip: Don't ask Julia Mancuso how she won. “It is not a shock to me when I have a good race,” the 29-year-old alpine skier says. “I started to tell people I'd just worn my lucky underwear.” And then, in 2010, she actually designed an underwear line, Kiss My Tiara, so there's truth to the snark. Lucky underwear alone, though, can't account for Mancuso's Olympic gold medal (in the giant slalom at Turin in 2006) or her two silvers (in Vancouver in 2010). Or, for that matter, the strong odds that she'll medal again this year in Sochi 2014.

And, sure: That competitiveness with Lindsey Vonn (Tiger's lady friend!), who beat her to the gold by half a second last time, might make her push a little harder this time. But Mancuso's an equal-opportunity rival. “I'm racing against all sixty people out there,” she says. For the record, we know who we're betting on this time around.
Slip Catsuit by Norma Kamali. Red Jacket by Carmen Marc Valo In the Maximilian Fur Salon at Select Bloomingdale's. Shoes by Christian Louboutin.

No comments:

Post a Comment